Spring Cleaning in the Bedroom
This is the third article in our Spring Cleaning Series and we hear you! Who has time for spring cleaning when there is so much else to do? And, if you have uncooperative joints, pain, or are prone to dizziness, there are things you don’t want to tackle. Here are some great tips to freshening up your bedroom, fast.
If some of these things are tough for you to do, invite a friend, family member, or consider hiring a reputable cleaning company. They have people who love to do Spring Cleaning!
Tackle the Bedroom
Your bedroom will feel like an oasis if it is clean, clear of clutter, and you create a comfortable space. If you want to change up the colour or mood, consider changing your bedspread, or adding some new cushions, or a pretty blanket at the end of your bed.
Spring cleaning includes doing the jobs you don’t do regularly, like these ones:
- Use an extendable handle and a reusable duster to clean the tops of door frames, windows, light fixtures, and baseboards.
- Check floor mats for wear and tear and decide if they need replacing. Mats need to have a non-slip backing but if you use a walker or wheelchair, or have a habit of tripping, you could get rid of them entirely.
- That extendable duster can be perfect for getting dust bunnies out of the corners, under the bed, and behind the dresser. Be sure to clean dust off of electrical cords, too.
- Use the upholstery or a dusting brush to vacuum the inside of your window screens and tracks.
- Take a few minutes to declutter the tops of dressers, nightstands, desks, and entertainment areas. Limit yourself to ten minutes per area, and be snappy about it so your Spring Cleaning doesn’t turn into a full organizing project.
- See this post for tips on getting your windows clean.
Enjoy your refreshed bedroom, and have a good sleep!
At Elder Move Inc. we help seniors to downsize, organize, move, and more. If you’re ready for some help, get in touch here.